Vernier Brings Back 13 Summer Institutes for STEM Educators
Image: Vernier Software & Technology.
Education technology company Vernier Software & Technology will once again offer its Summer Institute workshops, with 13 full-day training workshops scheduled for this summer.
The workshops are designed to help science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) teachers integrate data-collection technology into their curricula. Participants gain hands-on experience working with Vernier sensors, software and other technology in classroom-ready experiments.
Dates and locations for the upcoming workshops are as follows:
- June 19: Denver (Westminster), CO;
- June 21: San Jose, CA;
- June 22: Salt Lake City, UT;
- July 11: Raleigh, NC;
- July 13: Fairfax County (Herndon), VA;
- July 17: St. Louis, MO;
- July 19: Chicago, IL;
- July 21: Columbus, OH;
- July 24: Philadelphia, PA;
- July 26: New York, NY;
- July 28: Boston (Woburn), MA;
- August 2: Beaverton, OR; and
- August 4: Seattle, WA.
Registration for each Summer Institute is $99 and includes training, lunch, access to lab handouts and one digital lab book, according to the program site.
Vernier will also be holding subject-specific institutes at its company headquarters in Beaverton, OR.
One-day subject specific institutes will take place:
- June 28: Environmental Science;
- July 12: Engineering for Science Classrooms;
- July 13: Vernier Sensors with Arduino; and
- July 14: Renewable Energy.
Two-day subject-specific institutes will take place:
- June 26-27: Biology;
- June 29-30: Chemistry; and
- July 10-11: Physics.
One-day subject-specific institutes cost $99, while two-day institutes cost $199. Registration is now open on the Vernier site.